Requesting the Creation of a Google Group
To request the creation of a Google Group, please submit a new support incident under "MountaineerApps (ASU Google)" with the following information in the description and in the available drop down options:
- Names and usernames of 2 contacts for the group who will serve as Managers of the Group (these contacts must be Faculty or Staff).
- A Google Group name (Note: it will be prefaced with group-[NAME]).
- Describe the purpose of Group (character limit: 300).
- Select your Group Type from the drop down options:
- Email Discussion List: A mailing list that allows group managers and members to email the group. The Group can also be used to schedule events, and share documents with all other members of the group.
- Email Distribution List: A mailing list that allows group managers to email the group. By default, members cannot email the group. The group can also be used to schedule events, and share documents with all other members of the group.
- Web Forum: Similar to online forums, web forum members communicate only through the Google Groups interface, however, members can also choose to receive email updates from the group.
- Q and A Forum: Similar to an online help forum, a Q and A forum allows members to answer the questions of other members via the Google Group interface. Tools to easily monitor topics, mark them as resolved, let users rate topics, and organize topics into different categories are provided. Members can choose to receive email updates from the group
- Collaborative Inbox: A collaborative inbox group allows members to distribute and track responsibility for different topics. Topics, which are created from incoming emails, can be assigned to different group members, who can mark topics as resolved, add tags to topics, and filter topics based on a number of different criteria.
Optional: Attach a list of email address' that you would want to be prepopulated in the Google Group.